PLEASE NOTE: The new household recycling service does not begin until week commencing 8th November please do not present green bins until notified as they will not be collected.
In This Section
Find your bin day
Waste Collection Hygiene
Please respect the safety of refuse collection staff and your own personal safety by taking the following steps:
- Wash your hands before and after handling your bins/boxes.
- Put cloths, wipes and gloves used for cleaning in the general waste bin.
- Do not put tissues in your recycling bins or boxes, there are people sorting your waste, please respect their health and safety.
- Always disinfect the handles of your bins/boxes before and after collection.
If you are self-isolating:
- Place personal waste, used tissues, and disposable cleaning cloths or gloves in disposable rubbish bags.
- Put that bag into a second bag, tie them securely and kept separate from other waste for 72 hours before putting into your usual external general household waste bin.
- Also make sure to keep this waste away from children and pets.
Always remember to keep at least two metres (six feet) away from your waste collectors.
To deliver statutory obligations for waste services across the Borough and undertake tasks in the public interest, photographs may be taken for the purpose of service delivery and policy compliance.
This measure is to ensure that services are carried out fairly and efficiently, and to resolve any dispute. Any photograph taken will comply with the relevant privacy and data protection laws.
You can check collection schedules for your recycling and waste collection by inputting your details below. Click here to find out what items can be placed in your recycling bin or box.
From time to time our waste collection calendar requires routine updating which may result in a temporary disruption to this service. If you are experiencing difficulty using the calendar, please contact us at and we will be happy to help you with your query, we can also provide you with a hard copy of your collection calendar should you require one.