In This Section
This statement applies to content published by the Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Councils Content Management System (CMS) on the armaghbanbridgecraigavon.gov.uk domain. This website is run by Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council, and as an organisation we are committed to continuing to make this website as accessible as possible for all users by complying with the The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Accessibility features available on this website include:
Changing colours, font, text size and other settings
All modern browsers allow you to change colours and font sizes. We’ve tried to create a site which doesn’t get in the way when you change these settings. For advice on changing settings, including how to adjust type size, colour contrast and how to make your computer speak text aloud, check out the BBC’s accessibility pages (opens in a new window). You can choose your operating system (e.g Windows), your Browser (e.g Internet Explorer) and the problem you’re trying to fix. You’ll then get lots of relevant advice on accessibility settings.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- call 0300 0300 900
We’ll consider your request and get back to you.
Do you need to talk to us in language other than English? If you need information or need to talk with us, or contact us in another way then please phone us on 0300 0300 900 or email us at
Let us know if you are having difficulties
If you have any difficulty using our website or spot any problems, please email or call 0300 0300 900 . We’re happy to hear from you and your feedback will help us to make our site better.
There are a number of Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format) and Microsoft Word documents on the website. We try to tag as many of our PDFs as possible, subject to resources, for basic accessibility. This allows them to be read by speech browsers. We also try to provide an alternative text-only Word document version of a PDF. If you are having trouble opening these files you may need additional software:
- For Adobe PDFs, download the latest Adobe Reader software(opens in a new window). For more information about PDF accessibility, please visit the Adobe PDF accessibility section(opens in a new window).
- For Microsoft Word documents, download the latest Word Viewer software
If requested, we can provide documents in other formats including Braille, DAISY, audio and large print. If you would like a document in an alternative format, please email or call 0300 0300 900 .
Additional functionality features include:
- All users can zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- All users can navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- All users can navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- All users can listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and Voice Over)
We are aware that this website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, with some elements of this website not fully accessible, and we are continuing to work towards addressing the points outlined.
- Some images have missing alternative text or do not have good alternative text. This fails WCAG 2.1 A F65 Section 508 (2017) A F65.
- Some buttons are empty, have no value text, or link to different destinations. This fails WCAG 2.1 A F63 Section 508 (2017) A F63, WCAG 2.1 AAA 2.4.9and WCAG 2.1 AAA F84.
- Some links on a page share the same link text and surrounding context, but go to different destinations. This fails WCAG 2.1 A F63 Section 508 (2017) A F63.
- Some page text and background colours do not have 7:1 contrast ratio, with some outline or border styles making it difficult to see the focus outline. This fails WCAG 2.1 AA 1.4.3Section 508 (2017) AA 1.4.3, WCAG 2.1 AA F24Section 508 (2017) AA F24, WCAG 2.1 AA F78 Section 508 (2017) AA F78, and WCAG 2.1 AAA 1.4.6.
- Some PDF’s are not tagged to make them accessible by screen readers. This fails WCAG 2.1 A 1.3 1 Section 508 (2017) A 1.3.1
- Some tabs receive tab focus twice but only have a visible focus indicator once. Some tabs do not have visible focus. This fails WCAG 2.4.7
- We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
- This site is reviewed using SortSite Standard software provided by powermapper.com and independently by the Central Digital and Data Office, Cabinet Office, to highlight and address all accessibility issues regularly.
- Annual training is provided to all staff responsible for updating the website in line with current accessibility regulations.
You can find the accessibility statement for our council waste mobile app here.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website:
The Equalities Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 19 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 31 May 2023.
This website was last tested on 29 May 2023.
We use a mixture of simple manual checks and automated tests to find only the most common barriers to users with accessibility needs. Manual checks included using each page without a mouse, viewing the page at different zoom settings, and simulating viewing the page on a small screen. The automated tests were completed using SortSite Standard software provided by powermapper.com. Tests were completed using different settings in the Google Chrome browser on Mac OSX with a 27-inch screen.