Booking a Building Control Inspection (Residents)
In This Section
Booking a Building Control Inspection
You, or your builder, must tell us:
- when you start the work
- when you dig the foundations
- when you pour the foundation concrete
- when you fit a damp-proof course
- when you lay and compress the site hardcore (for example, with a roller)
- when you lay the concrete subfloor
- when you lay the drainage system (both before, and after backfilling)
- before covering any sound insulation measures
- before covering any above ground structural elements
- when the work is finished
- any other stages the surveyor on-site asks you to tell us about
If we do not inspect important work before it is covered up, we have the power to have it opened up so we can see them.
How do I book?
To book a site inspection with one of our surveyors, please call 0330 0561 010.
Most inspections take place during office hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except on public and bank holidays).
Details you will be asked for:
- your reference number
- you full name
- your full address including postcode
- your contact number
- what the inspection is for i.e. foundations / commencement, hardcore, damp proof courses, drainage, roof timbers, completion etc
- your preferred date and time for inspection