** APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED **
In This Section
Call Out: Lurgan Show, Saturday 3 June 2023 l Armagh County Show, Saturday 10 June 2023
The Food Heartland is delighted to be able to help support local food and drink producers, and foodie experience providers showcase and sell their produce at these two renowned local agricultural shows.
What’s on offer?
- Space for up to six small businesses (employing five people or less) to attend each show
- Dedicated area for each business including counter space, one six-foot table and branding as part of the wider Food Heartland brand
- The opportunity to sample, showcase and sell your products. Please note to sell alcohol to the public or supply alcohol to members and guests, local alcohol producers must complete all the necessary licencing requirements.
- The opportunity to engage customers, and expand business presence in the local market
- Inclusion in pre-show publicity.
To participate as part of the Food Heartland Showcase your business must:
- be a micro or small food and drink producer / foodie experience provider based in the borough
- have a hygiene rating of five
- produce the product(s) in N. Ireland, using local ingredients where available
- showcase high quality N. Ireland food and drink produce
- source, use and promote Northern Ireland ingredients
- have an annual turnover of no more than £150,000, and must
- have a maximum of five employees.
How to register?
To register your interest, please email by 12noon on Friday 28th April 2023 with the following information:
- contact name (email address and mobile number)
- business name and address
- which show/s you would like to attend
- evidence of public liability insurance (£5 million minimum)
- a copy of your risk assessment
- a copy of your food hygiene rating
- a list of products you will be showcasing / selling
- social media handles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- High resolution business logo (300 dpi minimum).
- Space is limited to six businesses at each show
- The selection of businesses will be carried out in collaboration with the show organisers. A panel will assess each of the applications received based on the receipt of all documents, quality of the products on offer and overall balance of products represented by Food Heartland members at each Show.
- All medium to large companies should book directly with Armagh County Show and Lurgan Show.
- Refrigeration and Wi-Fi are not available at either show. All businesses must be self-sufficient with the storage of products in line with Environmental Health guidelines.
- The Lurgan Show does not have access to running water therefore traders must bring their own provision
- This initiative is funded by council and will cover the cost of the stand only.
- Please note that electricity costs are additional at Armagh Show and must be funded by stall holders. Electricity is not available at Lurgan Show, diesel only silenced generators must be used at trade stands. Service record must be available for inspection.
N.B THIS IS TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST TO ATTEND AN EVENT AND NOT CONFIRMATION OF ATTENDANCE. CONFIRMATION OF ATTENDANCE WILL ONLY BE ISSUED ONCE ALL DOCUMENTATION HAS BEEN ASSESSED AND APPROVED ACROSS COUNCIL DEPARTMENTS.