Home Business Fees (Business)

Fees (Business)

Fees (Business)

Your planning or building control application must be accompanied by the appropriate fee and supporting documentation to be processed.

For more information on fees visit the planning portal.

You can pay your fee in one of two ways:

  • Pay by cheque – make it payable to Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council
  • Pay by cash (up to a maximum of £1000) at Bridgewater House, 23a Castlewellan Road, Banbridge, Co. Down, BT32 4AX

Completed application forms and fees can be submitted:

  • by post (please enclose a cheque made payable to Armagh City Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council)
  • in person at our planning office at Bridgewater House, 23a Castlewellan Road, Banbridge, Co. Down, BT32 4AX

We’re unable to offer an online application or payment service at this time.

Planning Copy Document Requests

Copies of documents such as Decision Notices, Case Officer Reports and Consultee responses relating to planning applications from 2011 onwards are available to download, free of charge, from the public planning portal at the following link.


Copies of documents relating to planning applications before 2011, and any other documents not available on the Planning Portal, can be requested by completing the form below. This service incurs a charge for both hard copies and/or electronic copies as follows:

A3 & A4 – £2 per page
A0 to A2 – £5 per page

After your request has been received, we will contact you to arrange payment by card.

Further guidance is included on the planning copy document request form.

To download a copy document request please follow the link below.

Download Planning Copy Document Request Form

Click here to calculate your fees using our online FEE CALCULATOR (for items 13 and 14 please refer to the building price estimates below).

Building Control Fees 57.16 KB DownloadPreview
Full Plans application

Suitable for work on domestic and non-domestic properties.  Some minor work to domestic properties may be covered by a building notice application.  Full plans applications are required for projects such as, building a new property; changing the use of a property (e.g. converting a dwelling into an office or a shop); conversion of a house into flats; an extension where the floor area of the dwelling is increased by more than 10m², or an extension that creates a new storey greater than 3m² in floor area and requires access by stairs, for example a roof-space conversion.

Fees are charged in two stages:

  • Plan fee – must accompany the application submitted for approval
  • Inspection fee – is payable following the first inspection of the work in progress

You should submit the plan fee only with the application.  An invoice for the inspection fee will be sent out later should the building work commence.

Building Notice

A Building Notice application can be used for works of a minor nature to domestic dwellings without the submission of fully designed plans.  Building notice applications are required for projects such as, internal alterations to dwellings; domestic extensions <10m²; roof space conversions 3m²; structural alterations to a dwelling, flat or maisonette; the provision of services or installation of fittings to domestic properties.

The plan and inspection fee are combined into a single fee and must accompany the application.

Regularisation Certificate Application

Suitable when work has already been carried out to a property but building regulations approval had not been applied for before it was done.  The work is inspected to ensure it meets the building regulations that were in place at the time it was carried out and if it does a regularisation certificate (retrospective approval) is issued.

The plan and inspection fee are combined into a single fee plus an additional 20% and must accompany the application.

Fees based on estimate of cost

Where fees are calculated on the estimated cost of the work, the application must be accompanied by the written estimate.  Please contact us for further advice on:


If any work is solely for the benefit of a disabled person, you should contact us for further information.  We will normally require confirmation from the Occupational Therapist as to the nature and extent of such work.