Invest in Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Borough
This Borough is vibrant with a strong international focus, a wealth of exporting knowledge and is open for business on a global scale.
The Borough has a population of approximately 205,000 and is the largest Council Area in Northern Ireland outside Belfast.
75% of the population are ages 16-64
The Region is home to Northern Ireland’s second largest manufacturing workforce.
- We are the largest Council area outside of Belfast both in terms of population and economic activity/GVA output.
- We are a hub for the Life Sciences and Advanced Manufacturing sectors and are the food producing Heartland of Northern Ireland supporting many internationally recognised brands including Almac, Moy Park, Linwoods, Irwin’s, Ulster Carpets, Thompson Aeroseating and Fane Valley.
- We are officially home to the best place to live and work in Northern Ireland with affordable housing, low commuting times, high employment, low crime rates, good schools and local services with easy reach.
Northern Ireland’s Corporation Tax Rate will be reduced to 12.5% from April 2018.
- With significant land zoned for economic development, a number of existing enterprise areas and our strategic location on the Belfast/Dublin and Belfast/Enniskillen economic corridors, we are ideally location both for inward investment and indigenous business growth.
- We have a solid skills base and a robust research and development focus, skills and apprenticeships provision. This is facilitated by the business led approach adopted by our schools and further education colleges.
Economic output is in the region of £2.7 billion and is second only to Belfast and represents 9.4% of NI total output.
The Borough is home to 7,500+ vat registered businesses.
7% of the total employed are in world class companies such as Almac Pharmaceuticals and Moy Park.
A Clear Path for the Future
Our location provides exceptional connectivity to the main economic centres in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, serviced by excellent road and rail infrastructures and in close proximity to Northern Ireland’s two main airports.
Accessibility is key for economic growth
- M1 to Belfast City Centre – 1 hour, 30 minutes
- M1 to Dublin City Centre – 1 hour, 27 minutes
- George Best Belfast City Airport – 45 Minutes
- Belfast International Airport – 30 Minutes
- Dublin International Airport – 1 hour, 11 minutes
- High availability of superfast broadband across the Borough.
- Investments are continually being made by Central Government to increase the speed of broadband.
- The Borough is a hub for Project Kelvin, the innovative underwater high speed broadband technology to North America.
Why Do Business Here?
Business has a real commercial advantage and is at the heart of Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council offer. The Borough offers:
- A supportive and welcoming environment.
- An integrated and flexible business support framework.
- A strong skills and knowledge base.
- A wealth of internationally recognised knowledge and sector-focused support organisations.
- A great central location in Northern Ireland.
- Superfast broadband connectivity.
- Excellent development sites and a range of high quality ready built business premises.
- Key international business linkages with Europe, the USA and beyond.