The Northern Ireland Executive agreed to introduce a two week circuit breaker from Friday 27 November to stop the spread of Covid-19 in the community and protect the health service. Please see below an update on how this will impact Council services and facilities.
- Facilities and Services Update
- Civic Buildings
- Leisure Services
- Registration Services
- Planning and Building Control Services
- Household Recycling Centres
- Environmental Health
- Tourism, Arts and Culture venues
- City, Town and Villages Support Contacts
- Community Centres
- Public Toilets
- Restriction Guidance Information and Updates
Facilities and Services Update
From November 27 until December 11, due to Northern Ireland Executive restrictions Council services and facilities will operate as follows:
All Civic Buildings will remain open, with members of the public asked to attend only where necessary, however a limited number of staff will be available in buildings to maintain service delivery.
- All leisure centres and associated sporting venues are closed.
- Sporting facilities will remain available for elite sports only where applicable, in line with guidelines, where applicable.
- All golf courses are closed
- All Caravan parks (Static and touring) are closed.
- All public parks and outdoor play areas are open. Visitors are asked to respect the Covid safe measures in place at this time.
Please check www.getactiveabc.com for further information.
Registration services for births, deaths and marriages are open in line with public health and GRO guidance.
Planning and Building Control Services
Planning and Building Control Services are still operational with additional precautionary measures in place. The Banbridge and Craigavon offices are open, with significant Covid-19 Health and Safety measures in place to protect staff and customers.
The Building Control Abbey Street office will be closed to the public from Friday 27th November until Friday 11th December 2020.
Email and telephone contact details remain as normal however all post during this period to be re-directed to The Palace Demense, Armagh BT60 4EL
For further information click here
Household Recycling Centres
All Household Recycling Centres are open as normal with Covid-19 procedures in place. Visitors to the centres are asked to please respect the Covid safe practices in place at this time. For further information click here.
All Environmental Health, including dog control and animal welfare services, remain operational.
Members of the public and businesses seeking advice should telephone 0300 0300 900 or email . Online dog licensing is available at https://council.direct/
Tourism, Arts and Culture venues
All Tourism, Arts and Culture venues are closed. For further information visit www.visitarmagh.com
CITY, TOWN AND VILLAGES SUPPORT CONTACTS
For useful contacts and further information, advice and support in relation your City, Town or Village – click here
All Communities Centres are open for Childcare purposes only.
All public toilets are open.
Restriction Guidance Information and Updates