Indoor leisure at council facilities across Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough will see a phased return to service from Thursday 16 July. Council-run gyms and exercise classes will return with significant Covid-19 health and safety measures in place to protect staff and customers.
The facilities initially reopening for gym and exercise classes are Banbridge Leisure Centre, Craigavon Leisure Centre and Orchard Leisure Centre, however, there may be variations in the reopening of certain activities across these centres.
Due to Covid-19, the user experience will be slightly different, incorporating new safety measures to provide safe, but friendly, leisure environments for everyone to enjoy. There are four simple steps to remember.
Step 1: Book in advance:
- All sessions must be pre-booked online in advance via www.getactiveabc.com/book or by telephoning the relevant facility. This way reduces queuing in reception areas and allows for contactless payment.
Step 2: Access to facilities has changed:
- Changing rooms, lockers and showers will not be available, so users should be ready when they arrive at the gym or class.
- Users are advised to bring their own water, as water fountains will remain out of use.
- Strict hygiene and social distancing rules will be in place, including one-hour time limits in gym and exercise class sessions.
- To meet the government guidelines for gathering size limits and social distancing, entry into all gyms will be limited and capacity will depend on the size of each location.
Step 3: Personal responsibilities
- Please respect the social distancing floor markers when queuing.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on entry, and when leaving each facility and exercise area.
- Do not attend any facility if you are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms of Covid-19, or if you are in a period of self-isolation.
- Practice good respiratory hygiene.
Step 4: It’s a new experience for everyone
- The customer experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, staff will be there to guide customers through.
- The health and safety of all users is a priority at all facilities, and users should be assured that each facility operates to the highest standards of Public Health Agency (PHA) guidelines.
To book your sessions, even if you don’t have a leisure membership, please visit www.getactiveabc.com/book.
If you are already a member but haven’t set up your account to book online, visit www.getactiveabc.com/book to find out how to link your membership.
Throughout the month of July, the charge for a gym session and exercise classes will be £5 for non-members and £2.50 for existing members. All existing members of facilities that remain closed are welcome to use any of the other facilities that are open during this exceptional time.
Due to the popularity of the Get Active ABC online fitness classes, these will continue to be provided on www.getactiveabc.com. Further information in relation to the safe reopening of swimming pools will be updated in the coming weeks.
The leisure services team is really looking forward to welcoming everyone back into the facilities and they would like to thank users in advance for their patience and cooperation as everyone adapts to these new ways of operating.