The council’s arts and events service aims to promote a vibrant local arts sector as well as improving opportunities to participate in local arts and cultural events and strategically developing local arts across the council area.
The key responsibilities of the arts and events service include:
- Co-ordinating and managing a full programme of arts and cultural events across the council area throughout the year featuring music, theatre, dance, crafts and drama
- Organising a series of regular community events such as Banbridge BuskFest, Arts Fest, outdoor cinema and threatre, Scarva bandstand concerts, and Christmas celebrations and festivities
- Introducing new major events to the area
- Supporting the local economy and arts sector by hosting events in local venues and employing local professional artists, crafters and performers
- Accessing funding from a variety of bodies in order to support the development of the local arts sector.
Banbridge District Arts Committee
The District Arts Committee is responsible for developing the local arts sector. It consists of local people who are involved in the arts sector including art and drama teachers, professional writers, musicians, artists and crafters. The council supports the work of the Committee to run events such as the Arts Fest, Craft Fair and support arts workshops throughout the year.
Arts and Events Officer
Leisure and Development Department, Civic Building, Downshire Road, Banbridge, Co. Down BT32 3JY
T: 028 4066 0632