Councils have a statutory remit for community development and provide a range of practical and financial support to their community and voluntary sectors.
Armagh City and District Council main priorities for community support are:
- To ensure best use of, and equal access to facilities
- To review use of Council grants
- To ensure groups can access small grants
- To support strategic/important projects which have clearly identified needs and which cannot obtain funding or match funding from other sources.
- To ensure funders collaborate so that best use is made of the resources available.
- To ensure there are effective support structures for the sector.
- To encourage volunteering.
- To ensure volunteers and staff have the skills they need to effectively fulfil their groups’ objectives.
- To ensure there is co-operation and networking among groups at local level.
If you need help to set up a community group or if your community needs help to apply for funding contact Community Support or view the Grants & Funding section.
Armagh City and District Council
The Palace Demesne
Tel: 028 3752 9600
Fax: 028 3752 9601